A Little About Me

This is a little about me. I learned how to sew at a young age and had a blast. My best friend's mother taught me while I was in 4-H. We mainly sewed clothes for the 4-H Show. I never lost the love for sewing. I received my Great Grandmother's sewing machine. It has served its purpose well. I still use it to this day when I am working on multiple projects.

In high school I took a interior design class and loved it as well. My teachers would say I was a little to artsy fartsy on my projects so this class was right up my alley. We had a sewing project and I made a round pillow. I still have it, it does not match anything in my house so I probably should recover it.

During high school I worked in a little children's boutique and got great ideas of blankets and little fun things for babies. While I was in college my high school swim coach and his wife had a baby so I thought I will make a blanket. It was my first baby blanket I ever made. That was ten years ago. I ran into my coach a couple of years ago and his son still sleeps with that blanket.

I have made little things here and there for friends when they have had children. Mostly blankets and burp cloths. Some baby bedding, and a lot of curtians and pillows.

When I was pregnant with my first child I received a scripture quilt from the lady that taught me how to sew. A scripture quilt is a small quilt that you take to the hospital with you so that you child can leave the hospital and start his or her new life wrapped in God's Scripture. It was the most precious gift I could have received. Last year I helped a friend make a scripture quilt for her sister-in-law. Since then I have made two more and ventured out into making other small quilts as well.

Along with the scripture quilts my baby blankets have come a long way. Every child should have a silk blanket, so my baby blankets have silk or a soft fabric on one side and another form of soft fabric, along with their name on it if so desired. I have started making matching burp cloths to go along with the blankets. Also I make diaper and wipe carriers.

My love for sewing has grown and grown. It is my time to get away and relieve all my stress. I love making things and help others give a hand made cute gift.

No comments: